Please note that this item is priced by the 1/4 yard
Order in 1/4 Yard increments, cut continuously when ordering multiples
Order 2 for 1/2 Yard, 3 for 3/4 Yard, 4 for 1 Yard etc.
A classic denim blue chambray with added eco credentials! It is made from a blend of organic cotton and hemp, the hemp content gives some this cloth added texture and slub. It would make a beautiful summer shirt.
You could use this for many Merchant and Mills patterns, tops, dresses, shirts and light-weight trousers.
- 144cm wide.
- 55% hemp/45% organic cotton.
- Wash at 30 degrees, with a non bio detergent and on a gentle spin cycle.
- Iron on low, do not bleach.
- Tumble dry on a low heat.
- This cloth is OCS and GOTS certified.
- Made in China.
- We do not recommend drying this cloth in the sun or using it for anything that will sit in direct sunlight because the color can bleach and fade.
Hemp is extremely durable, up to three times stronger than cotton. It’s soft to touch, and can hold its shape well. Hemp is naturally breathable and highly water absorbent.
It is hypo-allergenic, UV resistant, anti-fungal and thermoregulating.
Hemp behaves and looks much like linen. It is also grown and processed in a similar way, yet it can yield twice as much fibre as flax. It has a short growing period of about 100 days and so can be planted and harvested up to four times a year. The cultivation process naturally reduces pests and returns 60-70% of the nutrients it takes into the soil. It requires little water or pesticides and no fertilizers. It is the most carbon negative crop, absorbing more carbon dioxide than it produces.